CONTEMPORARY FRENCH LITERATURE
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The Course has the following educational objectives:
- competence of the main phases of Libanese history;
- kwoledge of some authors, representative of the contemporary literary panorama;
- capacity to analyse the text, in relation with the main mouvements of Libanese literature in French.
Having a linguistic competence in French, compared to the B1/B2 level.
Course contents summary
The Course aims at introducing students into Libanese Literature in French, through the study and the textual analysis of some contemporary novels that are particularly meaningful and interesting.
- ANDREE CHEDID, Le message, Paris,
- WAJDI MOUAWAD, Anima, Paris, Actes Sud, 2012
[ALEXANDRE NAJJAR, Le roman de Beyrouth, Paris, Plon, 2005 [Editions de la Table Ronde, 2012]
Lessons, taught with authentic documents and new technologies.
Assessment methods and criteria
The students' competences will be verified through an oral examination, which will implicates the evaluation of the following competences:
-knowledge of the main contents of the works examined, particularly in relation to the theme of war (themes, motives, rhetorical figures, images and symbols, meanings of the study of the spacial and temporal of texts;
- knowledge of the main lines of Libanese history, in relation to the works analysed;
- knoledge of the authors and of their itinerary.