Neoplastic disorders of the head-neck district
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Acquire clinical and therapeutic elements of neoplastic diseases of the pharynx and larynx.
Understand the results of the therapies in order to plan an adequate speech therapy rehabilitation plan.
Course contents summary
The lessons deal with topics related to the neoplastic pathology of the upper aerodigestive tract, dealing in particular with the clinical aspects inherent to speech therapy rehabilitation.
- Elements of General Pathology: definition of benign and malignant tumors, theories of tumorigenesis, risk factors.
- Elements of anatomy and pathophysiology of chirururgica VADS and neck.
- Semiotics ENT, clinical and instrumental diagnosis, imaging.
- TNM classification and division levels in the lymph nodes of the neck.
- Tumors of the nasopharynx.
- Tumors of the oral cavity.
- Tumors of the oropharynx.
- Tumors of the larynx.
- Tumors of the hypopharynx.
- Tumors of the major salivary glands.
- Tumors of the Thyroid.
- Metastasis T unknown and emptying laterocervical.
- Diagnosis, treatment options, possible complications and outcomes.
G. Rossi, Otorinolaringoiatria
Class lessons: the program themes will be discussed with the aid of power point. The proposed topics will be the subject of collective discussion and study on the basis of ideas and any questions raised during the lessons themselves.
Assessment methods and criteria
The achievement of the goals of the course is verified by an oral exam.
Answering questions about the contents of the course, the student will demonstrate whether he/she has achieved the goals of knowledge and understanding of the contents and the ability to apply the acquired knowledge.