ITALIAN PHILOLOGY AND ROMANZA
Learning outcomes of the course unit
By the end of the two parts, students will be able to:
- read a critical edition, analyse apparatuses and variants
-read the manuscripts (from medieval manuscripts to contemporary autographs) and the old printed edition
- evaluate the history of tradition of a literary work of any kind, linking it to other features of literary history.
Students must have a good knowledge of Italian Literary history, history of Italian language, fundamentas features of romance philology
Course contents summary
The course aims to a philological approch to romance and italian literature through the sudy of the genesis and textual transmission of a work.
Analysis can change due to different kinds of literary works, but some fundamental principles are:
- study in textual transmission and history of tradition
- analysis of variants and author's variants
- seminar works on sources (manuscrit and printed)
- basics of digital philology
See the corresponding fields in each part.
Front lesson and seminars. See corresconding section of each part
Assessment methods and criteria
The exam is oral. See each part for detailed information.
The final mark is the average of the two parts
Attendance is strongly recommended. Students who are unable to attend must contact the professors.
Exam dates: as published calendar