GENERAL AND SPECIALIST PEDIATRICS
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Knowledge of main pediatric disorders of interest for hearing aid technicians (upper airways diseases, systemic diseases, etc.) focusing on useful features for hearing aid technicians.
Course contents summary
- congenital infections
- otitis media in childhood, mastoiditis, otitis externa,
- hypoacusia in childhood
- genetic diseases and malformations of the upper airways: down syndrome, palatoschisis,
- allergic diseases: rhinitis
- growth and dysphonia
- recurrent upper respiratory tract infections
- exanthematous diseases
- obstruction of the upper airways
- cystic fibrosis
Maurizio Vanelli ARGOMENTI DI PEDIATRIA
Collana Saperi, MUP Editore
Castello M, Duse
M. Manuale di Pediatria. Piccin editore.
GV Zuccotti, M. Giovannini Manuale di Pediatria,
La Pratica Clinica, Società Editrice Esculapio.
The course will be held through lectures to Students either in the classroom (“in presenza”) or in synchronous-streaming (“in telepresenza”) on the Teams platform. Therefore, the opportunity of Student/Teacher interaction will be preserved both face to face and remotely, by the simultaneous use of the Teams platform.
Lectures will be supported by slide presentations, which will be available to students on the Elly platform (https://elly2020.medicina.unipr.it/).
Assessment methods and criteria
Oral examination, score 0-
30. Score is immediately communicated. In case of the persistence of the health emergency, the exams will be conducted remotely, as follows:
remote oral questions, through the Teams platform (guide http://selma.unipr.it/).
Students with SLD / BSE must first contact Le Eli-che: support for students with disabilities, D.S.A., B.E.S. (https://sea.unipr.it/it/servizi/le-eli-che-supporto-studenti-con-disabil...)