Learning outcomes of the course unit
The target of the course is to allow the student to know and to understand the essential elements of the tissues and organs structure. The student will utilize knowledge and understanding for Anatomy and Physiology future study.
At the end of the course the student will demonstrate knowledge and understanding about: Cell structute and organization, Tissue structure and organization, Multi tissutal units structure and organization.
Course contents summary
In the first part of the course of histology will be developed structural and functional aspects of living matter and its method of aggregation to form cells. Later you will learn how structural and functional aspects of the different cells, with reference to the organs and systems of their animal cell (cell Suburbs, cytoplasmic matrix, cytoskeleton, organs responsible for synthesis, organs responsible for degradation organs of energy, nucleus). In the second part of the course will analyze the structural and functional aspects of the tissues and their mode of aggregation on form multi tissue units and organs.
The main books adopted are:
- R. Di Primio ed al ISTOLOGIA UMANA, 2019, casa ed. Idelson-Gnocchi
- N.M. Maraldi, C. Tacchetti: Biologia-Citologia medica, 2016, edi-ermes
- N.M. Maraldi, C. Tacchetti: Istologia medica, 2016, edi-ermes
- S. Adamo ed al. ISTOLOGIA di Monesi, 7° ediz., ed. PICCIN
- M.H. Ross, W. Pawlina: ISTOLOGIA testo e atlante, seconda ed. 2016 - Casa Editrice Ambrosiana
- A.L. Mescher JUNQUEIRA Istologia Testo e Atlante - ed. PICCIN
- L.P. Gartner, J.L. Hiatt Atlante a Colori e Testo di ISTOLOGIA - ed. PICCIN
- Dalle Donne, Gagliano et al. Istologia ed elementi di Anatomia Microscopica - EdiSES
- N.A. Campbell, J.B. Reece: BIOLOGIA E GENETICA - Ed. Pearson
- G. Familiari: Anatomia Microscopica, 4° ed. 2017 - ed. PICCIN
Lectures and practical exercises under the microscope
Assessment methods and criteria
To evaluate the achievement of the estimated goals, an oral examination will be performed. Questions regarding the content of the course will be employed to evaluate the reaching of the knowledge and understanding of the contents.
The oral examination will be held only by the calls of the month of June, after the holding of the second part of the course of Histology, expected in the second half.