ETHICS AND HERMENEUTICS
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Historical-critical analysis of the philosophical-anthropological and ethical research, especially in contemporary age; (D. 1); acquisition of acceptable abilities of reflection and discussion on the main problems concerning this research and eventually its epistemological results (D. 2); capability of critical approach to texts and philosophical materials (D. 3) and to take position in front of debatable questions (D. 4); the reinforcement of interpretative ability (D. 5).
Course contents summary
1. Introduction to the importance of the study about Man in the history of western philosophy and introduction to the question of human nature. 2. The philosophical Anthropology of Helmuth Plessner and his theory of human emotion.
The program can be personalised.
- H. Plessner, I gradi dell'organico e l'uomo, Bollati Boringhieri, Torino 2006 (parti da definire);
- H. Plessner, Il riso e il pianto, Giunti, Firenze, 2017;
- H. Plessner, Il sorriso, Inschibboleth, Roma, 2018
- V. Rasini, L'eccentrico, Mimesis, Milano 2018
- Si consiglia: M.T. Pansera, La specificità dell'umano, Inschibboleth, Roma, 2019
Frontal lessons; lecture and discussion of texts.
Assessment methods and criteria
Final verbal examination. It will be judge the level of learning, the capability to discuss about the contents of the course and lexical competences.
About the program, students can contact the professor by e-mail.