Learning outcomes of the course unit
This course aims to provide students the basics of new online marketing management approaches. Through the discussion of case studies, group works and business testimonials, the course will develop the knowledge for an effective use of digital marketing levers.
At the end of the course, the student should be able to:
- understand, and explain the changes occurred in the interaction between companies and consumers and, consequently, in the traditional marketing management approaches;
- apply the principles and phases of digital marketing planning to concrete business situations;
- identify the most appropriate key performance indices according to the measurement objectives of each specific digital marketing activity;
- attend an interview with companies or professionals on issues related to online communication and, in particular, to the management of brand identity and the customer relationship management through digital channels.
No formal propedeuticity is required
Course contents summary
The course aims to introduce students to the best practices in online marketing planning. In particular, main course topics are:
Online consumer behaviour;
Digital marketing planning;
Social media marketing strategy;
- Web intelligence and social media monitoring;
- Online Marketing Research.
Perretti P. (2011), Marketing Digitale. Scenari, strategie, strumenti. Apogeo:
- Cap. 2 (only for non-attending students)
- Cap. 3
- Cap. 4
- Cap. 5 (except par. 5.1, 5.5 e 5.6)
- Cap. 6
- Cap. 9
- Cap. 10 (readings)
Other materials will be available at the photocopy center.
The Course will combined different teaching tools:
- Acquisition of knowledge: lectures and business testimonials
- Acquisition of the ability to apply the analysis methodologies and of the autonomy of judgment: analysis and discussion of case studies.
- Acquisition of technical language: The students will be exposed to collections of scientific papers with the object of applying the theoretical knowledge discussed during the lessons to practical problems.
- Acquisition of learning skills: Lessons will favor students' participation and critical evaluation of the main topics discussed.
The teacher is available during student reception hours for explanations on lessons and presentations.
Assessment methods and criteria
Assessment will be done through a writing exam with open questions or semistructured. The exam will last 60/90 minutes (depending on the type and the number of questions) and will be evaluated with a score ranging from 0 to 30.
If project works are carried out during the course, their evaluation will contribute to the definition of the final judgment (25% of total evaluation).
During the exam it is forbidden to use mobile phones, smartphones, tablets and any other electronic device.
There is no provision for an oral integration of the vote.
The final results are published on the Esse3 portal. Students can view the exam, after taking an appointment with the teacher.