GENERAL AND SPECIALIST PEDIATRICS (ANNUAL)
|GENERAL AND SPECIALISED PEDIATRICS (4 credits)||GENERAL AND SPECIALIST PAEDIATRICS (INTERDISCIPLINARY) (1 credits)|
|PAEDIATRIC SURGERY (1 credits)||CHILD NEUROPSYCHIATRY (1 credits)|
|MEDICAL GENETICS (1 credits)||PHYSIOPATHOLOGY OF CONGENITAL METABOLIC DISEASES (1 credits)|
|GENERAL AND SPECIALIST PEDIATRICS - INTERNSHIP (4 credits)|
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Assessment of growth in newborns, infants, children and adolescents; recognition of needs of prevention , diagnosis and treatment for the sick child, main congenital disorders, more common acute and chronic diseases and diseases requiring to be referred to the specialist; knowledge of management of sick child at hospital.
The student must have succeeded in Pharmacology examination.
Course contents summary
Pediatrics is considered the internal medicine of the child, although we should always keep in mind that the child is not “an adult in miniature” but a distinct and autonomous entity both in terms of physiology and physiopathology.Under this perspective, starting from the physiology, and developmental
stages of the child, from neonate to adolescent. the course will focus on the various illnesses that interest general pediatrics, as well as the different pediatric specialization (allergology, infectious diseases, cardiology, rheumatology, gastroenterology, pneumology, heamatology-oncology, etc).
• Pre term, post term healthy newborn
• Neonatal screening
• Neonatal and acquired jaundice
• Neonatal infections
• Neonatal respiratory diseases
• Neonatal metabolic disirders
• Neonatal neurologic disorders
• Neonatal hemolytic disease• Neonatal hemorrhagic disease •SIDS:
“Sudden Infant Death Sindrome”)
• Nutrition in pediatric age
• Food allergy
• Respiratory allergy and asthma
• Atopic eczema
• Solid tumors in children
• Urinary tract infection
• Hemolitic-uremic syndrome
• Hearth murmur
• Congenital cardiopathies
• Rheumatic Disease
• Hearth failure
• Kawasaki disease
• Myocarditis, pericarditis
• Upper airway infection
• Inhalation foreign body
• Gastroesofageal reflux
• Malassorbtion, Celiac disease
• Inflammatory bowel disease
• Infantile colic
• Recurrent abdominal pain
• Intestinal parasitosis
• Diabetes mellitus
• Puberty: phisiopathology, precocious and delayed
• Criptorchidism, ambiguous genitalia, adrenogenital syndrome
• Short stature
• Exanthematous diseases
• Lymphadenopathies • Mumps
• Tubercolosis in children
• Fever in children • Meningoencephalitis
• Fever of unknown origin
• Febrile seizures
• Main metabolic diseases
• Chromosomal diseases, malformations
• Cystic fibrosis
• Arthritis in pediatric age
• Acute abdomen in children and newborns (appendicitis, etc.)
• Urinary tract malformations
• Hypertrophic pyloric stenosis
• Hirschprung disease
• Testicular torsion
• Neuropsycomotor and cognitive development.
• Infantile cerebral palsy
• Neuromuscular disorders
• Congenital hip dislocation
• Flat foot
-Maurizio Vanelli ARGOMENTI DI PEDIATRIA ISBN978-88-7847-454-3 Collana Saperi, MUP Editore
-Castello M, Duse M. Manuale di Pediatria. Piccin editore.
-GV Zuccotti, M. Giovannini Manuale di Pediatria, La Pratica Clinica, Società Editrice Esculapio.
-N Principi, A Rubino, A Vierucci: Pediatria generale e Specialistica, Casa Editrice Ambrosiana.
Lectures, interactive lessons and discussion of clinical cases with use of slides.
Assessment methods and criteria
Lectures, interactive lessons and discussion of clinical cases with use of slides. Assiduity in attendance of lessons and internship. Clinical skill booklet.