DISEASES OF THE BLOOD (B)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The student must be able to know the pathophysiology, epidemiology and clinic of blood diseases and the approach to the haematological patient from a diagnostic point of view with hints of therapy.
To do this, basic notions on the pathophysiology of the hematopoietic system are required as well as in-depth analysis of conventional and innovative diagnostic techniques and therapies. Furthermore, the student must acquire knowledge on the principles of stem cell therapy for curative purposes for onco-haematological diseases.
Course contents summary
Notions of pathophysiology of hematopoiesis and on the main neoplastic and benign haemopathies
1. Corso di malattie del sangue, e degli organi emopoietici. Tura e Baccarani; Esculapio ed 2015, sesta edizione.
2. Hematology, Williams, 6th edition, Beutler et al Eds. Mc Graw Hill, 2001
3. Diagnostica delle malattie del sangue, testo-atlante di Larizza et al, Piccin ed, 1983;
4. Core Curriculum Ematologia, McGraw Hill ed, seconda ed, 2014
5. Ematologia per Medicina, Scienze Biologiche, Biotecnologie Mediche di N. Giuliani e A. Olivieri; Edizioni Idelson Gnocchi
Lectures will be held on-site in compliance with safety standards, provided that further instructions on the ongoing health emergency are not implemented. Supporting material will be available on the specific, student-reserved platform (Elly) and will include slide presentations, audio-video aids or video-recording of the lectures.
Assessment methods and criteria
The assessment of the achievement of the objectives involves an oral examination. It will be assested if student has achieved knowledge and understanding of the contents.