INTERNSHIP OF PSYCHIATRY
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The attendance is aimed to make the students able:
- to recognize people with mental disorders;
- to develop skills for an appropriate differential diagnosis;
- to make an adequate project of care;
- to refer to specialist assessment and treatment.
Course contents summary
practical experience regarding major psychiatric syndromes.
CASSANO-TUNDO. PSICOPATOLOGIA E CLINICA PSICHIATRICA- 2006, UTET, TORINO
P. SARTESCHI, C. MAGGINI. MANUALE DI PSICHIATRIA Ed.SBM Noceto (PR). Suggested topics: General Psychopathology: pag. 109-177, 193-215; Alchool dependence: pag. 398-432; Schizophrenia: pag 491-501; 534-572; Mood Disoreders: pag. 611-614; 630-692.
Slides and issue concerning classes:
- Schizofrenia and other Psychotic Disorders;
- Mood Disorders;
- Anxiety Disorders;
- Personality Disorders;
- Eating Disorders;
- Substance Use Disorders.
- Department of Mental Health
All students will attend in-person the in-patient, out-patients and Day-Hospital facilities of the Psychiatric Unit.
Assessment methods and criteria
Final interview (included in the final examination).