Learning outcomes of the course unit
Allow the student to know and understand the stages of physiological development in the pediatric age, the main prevention measures for physiological growth and the most frequent pediatric emergencies. Furthermore, the main pediatric disorders of physiotherapeutic interest will be given value.
Course contents summary
• Developmental pathophysiology in children
• Vaccinations and false myths
• Nutrition in the 1st year of life
• Principles of pediatric resuscitation
• A public health emergency: the abuse of antibiotics in children
• Head injury, home accidents, sports and sports injuries in children and adolescents
• Management of fever and pain in the child
• Perinatal infections
• Central nervous system infections
• Frosini R, Campa L, Caputo R, Frosii S. Oftalmopediatria. Casa Editrice SEE, 1997.
• Principi N, Rubino A. Pediatria generale e specialistica. Casa Editrice Ambrosiana, 2017.
• Slides provided by the teacher and uploaded on the Elly platform.
Frontal lessons with slides and audiovisual material.
Assessment methods and criteria
The student's knowledge, understanding and application skills will be assessed through an oral exam.