DISEASES OF THE CARDIOVASCULAR APPARATUS
Learning outcomes of the course unit
During the course the student will know the main cardiac diseases and the risk factors for these diseases.
To know the anatomy and the physiology of the heart and the circulation.
Course contents summary
Risk factors for cardiovascular diseases. Arterial Hypertension.
Cardiovascular stratification for cardiovascular risk. Principal cardiac diseases: coronary artery
disease, heart failure.
Cardiovascular Prevention through
1. Cardiovascular risk factors: smoking, hypertension, dyslipidemia, diabetes. Stratification of risk. European and Italian risk cards
2. Heart disease: ischemic heart disease
3. Heart disease: Heart failure
4. Cardiovascular prevention through Physical Exercise
1) Notes provided by the teacher
2) Textbook "Argomenti di Medicina dello sport" Bonetti A., Editore MUP
The course will be held through lectures to Students either in the classroom (“in presenza”) or in synchronous-streaming (“in telepresenza”) on the Teams platform. Therefore, the opportunity of Student/Teacher interaction will be preserved both face to face and remotely, by the simultaneous use of the Teams platform.
Lectures will be supported by slide presentations, which will be available to students on the Elly platform (https://elly2020.medicina.unipr.it/).
Assessment methods and criteria
In case of the persistence of the health emergency, the exams will be conducted remotely, as follows:
remote oral questions, through the Teams platform (guide http://selma.unipr.it/).
Students with SLD / BSE must first contact Le Eli-che: support for students with disabilities, D.S.A., B.E.S. (https://sea.unipr.it/it/servizi/le-eli-che-supporto-studenti-con-disabil...