COMMUNICATION AND DIGITAL MARKETING
Learning outcomes of the course unit
This course aims to provide students the basics of the communication strategies through online and offline channels development. Through the discussion of case studies, group works and business testimonials, the course will ensure the fundamental knowledge acquisition.
At the end of the course, the student should be able to:
- understand, and explain the marketing communication processes, dynamics and means as well as the changes occurred in the interaction and communication between business and consumer following the digital revolution;
- apply the principles and phases of marketing communication planning to concrete business situations;
- identify the most appropriate key performance indices according to the measurement objectives of each specific communication activity;
- attend an interview with companies or professionals on issues related to offline and online communication.
No formal propedeuticity is required
Course contents summary
The course aims to introduce students to the marketing communication process. In particular, main course topics are:
- marketing communication
- semiotics and communication models
- traditional and digital media
- online communication and digital marketing
- social media marketing
- data discovering and performance measurement.
In the face of difficulties due to the suspension of teaching activities, the course slides will be made available on the elly portal.
During the lessons, texts to deepen the course contents will be indicated.
The Course will combine different teaching tools:
- Acquisition of knowledge: lectures and business testimonials
- Acquisition of the ability to apply the analysis methodologies and of the autonomy of judgment: analysis and discussion of case studies; business game.
- Acquisition of technical language: The students will be exposed to collections of scientific papers with the object of applying the theoretical knowledge discussed during the lessons to practical problems.
- Acquisition of learning skills: Lessons will favor students' participation and critical evaluation of the main topics discussed.
The teacher is available during student reception hours for explanations on lessons and presentations.
Assessment methods and criteria
Assessment will be done through a writing exam with open questions or semistructured. The exam will last 60/90 minutes (depending on the type and the number of questions) and will be evaluated with a score ranging from 0 to 15 (to be added to the vote of the Mod.Marketing Metrics).
For students who carry out the project work (business game), the exam will consist of fewer questions than the complete test and will be evaluated with a score ranging from 0 to 10. The project work will be evaluated with a score ranging from 0 to 5.
During the exam it is forbidden to use mobile phones, smartphones, tablets and any other electronic device.
There is no provision for an oral integration of the vote.
The final results are published on the Esse3 portal. Students can view the exam, after taking an appointment with the teacher.
The honors will be awarded to those students who obtain the full evaluation and demonstrate an appreciable systematic knowledge of the topic, an excellent ability to apply the knowledge acquired to specific problem in question, and a considerable autonomy of judgment.