PEDIATRICS AND GYNECOLOGY
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The learning process will provide theoretical and
practical basis of the discipline. Student will know
main aspects of physiology of children,
nursing and treatment of principal pediatric and
Course contents summary
- Gynecologic physiopathology - Growth, physiology and puberty - Allergic diseases - Immunodeficiency - Airway diseases - Urinary tract infection - Congenital and acquired cardiopathy - Meningoencephalitis - Convulsions - Headache - gastroenteritis -Celiac disease -Colic - Fever - Vaccinations and related diseases - Exanthematous diseases - Nutrition -Diabetes mellitus -Cancer - Psycological development - Pain:assessment and treatment -Drugs: doses and route of administration -Transfusions - Pediatric organization - Newborn: physiology, development, nutrition, screening tests, diseases -Dehydration: symptoms and treatment.
Written examination. Results are published in a
week. Subsequently oral
examination and immediate communication of score
- Maurizio Vanelli ARGOMENTI DI PEDIATRIA
ISBN978-88-7847-454-3 Collana Saperi, MUP
- Castello M, Duse M. Manuale di Pediatria. Piccin
- GV Zuccotti, M. Giovannini Manuale di Pediatria,
La Pratica Clinica, Società Editrice Esculapio.
- N Principi, A Rubino, A Vierucci: Pediatria
generale e Specialistica, Casa Editrice Ambrosiana
The activities will take place in telepresence through the use of the Teams and Elly platforms. In particular, lessons will be held in asynchronous mode (uploaded on the Elly page of the course). To promote active participation in the course, both individual and small group activities will be proposed in synchronous mode, through the use of the resources available in Elly, such as discussion forums and logbooks.
Assessment methods and criteria
If due to the persistence of the health emergency it is necessary to carry out the exams remotely, the final test will consist of an oral question conducted remotely (via Teams) in synchronous mode with questions on teaching topics.