INTERNSHIP 2 YEAR - INTERNATIONAL STRUCTURE
Learning outcomes of the course unit
At the end of the 2nd year internship, the student, in addition to what was learned during the 1st year, must be able to use the corpus of theoretical knowledge of the Midwifery.
She/he will have to demonstrate to be able to act in progressive autonomy in the physiological care conditions, and begin to act in situations characterized by greater complexity and related risk, including priorities and welfare planning according to the protocols in use and the reference Guidelines, in the obstetric-gynecological field.
Attendance at exercises and workshops preparatory to internship activities.
The student must have attended all the internships until reaching the credits required for the 1st year and having passed the final internship exam. He must also have obtained positive assessments in all the training locations he attended.
Course contents summary
Contents are aimed at applying the pathophysiological, clinical, specialist and assistance knowledge for the management of physiological pregnancy and healthy newborn using the techniques learned during classroom lectures / simulations.
First contact with pregnancy and childbirth at risk is foreseen, as well as the acquisition of the first elements of assistance in the obstetric and gynecological surgical field.
The student must also learn the communication skills for the transfer of information to the individual, to the couple and the community, aimed at preventing and promoting the health of the woman / couple / family.
The internship program is geared towards the following self-help activities in progressive autonomy:
- Assistance to women at the obstetric-gynecological triage
- Surveillance and assistance to physiological labor, childbirth, childbirth and postpartum
- Assistance to the healthy newborn
- Assistance and support for breastfeeding
- Assistance to the physiological puerperium
- Participation in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of stroke-uro-gynecological disorders (performing urethra-cervico-vagino-rectal swabs and pap-tests, pelvic floor rehabilitation)
- Assistance to the instrumentation of small obstetric-gynecological surgery operations
- Assistance to the gynecological patient
- Management of assistance in full compliance with the procedures in use and guidelines for the prevention of obstetric-gynecological and neonatal risk and hospital infections
- Welcoming the woman and managing the helping relationship according to correct relational modalities for the establishment of a therapeutic alliance.
- Audiovisual material
- Notes / slides
- Costantini W., Calistri D., “Ostetrica” Vol. I-II-III Ed. Piccin, Padova 2013
- Spandrio R., Regalia A., Bestetti G. “Fisiologia della nascita. Dai prodromi al post partum”. Carrocci Faber. Roma, 2014
- guidelines and protocols
- Ragusa A., Crescini C., “Urgenze ed emergenze in sala parto” 2° Ed. Piccin, Padova 2017
Exercises in the classroom of simulation preparatory and consolidation to the learning of obstetric practices: laboratories with simulations on dummy and with health facilities, viewing of educational films.
Internships at locations affiliated with the University of Parma.
Students will be supported in a one-to-one relationship, for each place of training, by clinical tutors belonging to the same professional profile or to the same class of degree, who will guide them in achieving the identified educational objectives. The internship diary is a tool for critical reflection on the path taken.
Assessment methods and criteria
The student is evaluated by the clinical tutor, at the end of each training period through an evaluation sheet on the ability to understand and apply, on judgment autonomy and on communication skills (Dublin descriptors 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th °). The card includes the general and specific objectives for each area and an initial and final evaluation grid, as well as a space for notes on the progress of the learning path.
The internship exam consists of a practical test using materials, medical devices and simulations on dummies.
The final grade is the result of the overall evaluation of the practical test and of the opinions expressed in itinere in the evaluation sheets of the internship.