GENERAL AND SPECIALIST PEDIATRICS
Learning outcomes of the course unit
This course will enable the student to know and understand the stages of physiological development in pediatric age and the tools for the prevention, diagnosis and therapy of the main pathologies of speech therapy interest.
Course contents summary
- Developmental stages in pediatric age: from newborn to adolescent
- Principles of nutrition in healthy children and children with chronic diseases
- Domestic accidents and clearing of the airways
- Obesity, nutritional disorders and eating disorders
- Vaccinations: truths and false myths
- Acute otitis media and mastoiditis
- Recurrent acute otitis media and external otitis
- Recurrent respiratory infections
- Rhinosinusitis and allergic rhinitis
- Nasal obstruction and nasal wash
- Bronchial asthma
- Language delay and mental retardation
- Epilepsy and febrile convulsions
- Specific learning disorders, ADHD and autism
Principi N, Rubino A. Pediatria generale e specialistica. Casa Editrice Ambrosiana, 2017.
Slides provided by the teacher and uploaded to the Elly platform.
The activities will take place in telepresence through the use of the Teams and Elly platforms. In particular, lessons will be held in asynchronous mode (uploaded on the Elly page of the course). To promote active participation in the course, both individual and small group activities will be proposed in synchronous mode, through the use of the resources available in Elly, such as discussion forums and logbooks.
Assessment methods and criteria
If due to the persistence of the health emergency it is necessary to carry out the exams remotely, the final test will consist of an oral question conducted remotely (via Teams) in synchronous mode with questions on teaching topics.