Suitability of English B1 +
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The English course for dentistry is held in English and has like
goal to provide
to the students a medical-dental language through the four skills of
Listening and Speaking. The level to be achieved is equivalent to a good B2.
The following passages / pathologies are studied:
Broken or knocked out tooth
Root canal treatment
Wisdom tooth removal
For the Listening part, the following Listening / Video are proposed:
- Your teeth - how you can keep your teeth healthy
- Going to the dentist
- What is a cavity?
- Bad breath
- How fluoride works
- What's an Orthodontist?
- Taking the bite out of bruxism
- Save a knocked out tooth
- Wisdom teeth removal
- Mouth cancer
- How to brush your teeth
- How to floss your teeth
- Top 5 symptoms of gum disease
- Top 5 advantages of in-office teeth whitening
- Top 5 ways to prevent bad breath
- Consequences of missing teeth
- Periodontal disease and treatment
- How to deal with sensitive teeth
The English course for dentistry is held in English
Assessment methods and criteria
(a) a written part: the construction of a dialogue between dentist and patient following the outline of a case study / a translation from Italian into English and questions to be answered in English on the pathologies and topics dealt with.
(b) an oral part where the student will have to answer questions about the whole program