Learning outcomes of the course unit
- Develop advanced skills in diagnostic imaging
- Acquire the basic semeiotics of imaging
Course contents summary
- Provide an overview of the state of the art of the methods used in clinical practice in the neuroradiological field, indicating innovative applications and future potential, in association with the implementation of diagnostic techniques currently not belonging to the everyday life of the TSRM healthcare professional.
- Know the main pathologies of the CNS (skull and rachis), object of study of the diagnostic tests in election and urgency
- Ability to evaluate the patient's previous medical history for the optimal choice of the diagnostic protocol and post-processing
- Understanding and knowledge of indications and clinical cases, in the diagnostic field
- Reinforcement of previous knowledge or background, of radiological anatomy of the normal and pathological CNS
- cranio-encephalic trauma
- lesions of vascular origin,
- brain tumors,
- inflammatory and infectious brain lesions,
- pathologies of the sellar region and skull base,
- orbital pathology,
- spinal cord and spine trauma,
- degenerative diseases of the spine,
- inflammatory and infectious pathologies of the spine and spinal cord,
- medullary vascular diseases,
- neoplastic pathology of the spine and spinal cord.
- “Tecniche di tomografia computerizzata e di risonanza magnetica”, Luigi Cei; Casa Editrice SEU, 2010.
- Material provided by the teacher and further suggestions of in-depth textbooks in Italian and English, and of scientific articles.
Practical activity at the UOC Neuroradiology in CT and MRI (internship)
*in case of emergency health care, as per indications provided by the Ministry of Education with specific notes (in particular of 06/03/2020, prot.n. 278 and of 17/03/2020, prot.n.388), the realization of the theoretical part of he planned training activity will take place
1) with remote telematic methods. The type of platform will be sent from time to time to the Representatives of the relevant course year.
2) or, where the solution is not practicable, the recovery of the training hours not provided is ensured, after the restoration of normal conditions.
Assessment methods and criteria
Oral exam with double verification:
1) Questions regarding the course contents *
2) Verification of the application of the acquired knowledge with simulation of clinical cases: how to set up a specific diagnostic investigation based on the required clinical question *
* in the event of a health emergency, as per the indications provided by the Ministry of Education with specific notes (in particular of 06/03/2020, prot.n. 278 and of 17/03/2020, prot.n.388), the realization of the theoretical part of the planned training activity will take place with remote telematic methods. The type of platform will be sent from time to time to the Representatives of the relevant course year.