The aim of this course is to provide the students with the skills and tools to answer the question how agro food value chains approach the challenge of improving their competitiveness, in particular by producing high quality food products, as well as attaining greater sustainability.
Basic knowledge of microeconomics
- Main trends in today agri food systems
- Value chains: definitions and historical backgrounds
- Value chains governance and upgrading
- Case studies
- Knowledge will be transfered through lectures and classes kept by business managers.
- Ability to apply analytical methods will be provided with group works.
- Ability of making judgment will be encouraged by group works and discussion in the class
Assessment methods and criteria
The assessment is an oral examination.
Knowledge and understanding will be assessed with an open-ended question (it worths 10 points).
The ability to apply knowledge will be assessed through a practical content question.
The independence of judgment and learning ability will be assessed by the student judgment on value chains issues.
The ability to communicate with the appropriate technical language will be assessed through questions on specific technical terms