PSYCHOLOGY OF WORK AND ORGANIZATIONS
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The course aims to examine the main theoretical and methodological approaches related to the diagnosis of the behaviour of the individuals, groups in organizational contexts and organizational structures and dynamics. Through the course, the student should have developed:
1) The ability to analyze the behavior of individuals within organizations and functioning of work groups.
2) Knowledge of the main processes involved in organizational dynamics, especially in terms of quality of working life, organizational socialization and organizational cultures.
5) Knowledge of the main methodologies used in the study of the relation between individuals and their work activity and relation between workers and their organizations.
3) Knowledge and skills applied to human resources interventions and analysis of organizational well-being.
4) Autonomy in examinind cases related to individual behavior within organization, work group dynamics and organizational processes.
Course contents summary
The course aims to investigate the following aspects related to the relationship between individuals and work activity and relationship between workers and organization: meanings of work, psychological analysis of work, work motivation, competences and their evaluation, structures and dynamics of groups work, socialization processes, leadership, outcomes of work experience, psychosocial risk factors and consequences for individual well-being, organizational structures, organizational cultures, research in organizations.
-Sarchielli, G., Fraccaroli, F. (2010). Introduzione alla psicologia del lavoro. Bologna: il Mulino.
-Fraccaroli, F., Balducci, C. (2011). Stress e rischi psicosociali nelle organizzazioni. Bologna: Il Mulino.
-Guglielmi, D. (2015). Mobbing. Bologna: il Mulino.
I seguenti capitoli:
-Malaguti, D. (2007). Strutture di gruppo. In D. Malaguti (2007). Fare squadra. Psicologia dei gruppi di lavoro (pp. 25-43). Bologna: il Mulino.
-Malaguti, D. (2007). Leadership. In D. Malaguti (2007). Fare squadra. Psicologia dei gruppi di lavoro (pp.93-125). Bologna: il Mulino.
-Avallone, F. (2011). L'organizzazione. In F. Avallone. Psicologia del lavoro e delle organizzazioni. Roma: Carocci.
-Avallone, F. (2011). Le culture organizzative. In F. Avallone. Psicologia del lavoro e delle organizzazioni. Roma: Carocci.
The course includes front lessons, group work, individual exercises and classroom discussions.
Assessment methods and criteria
Written test consisting of multiple choice questions with four alternative answers and one open question. The examination is passed if student correctly answers to 60% of the questions (corresponding to a vote of 18/30).