HEALTH AND WELLNESS MARKETING
LEARNING OUTCOMES OF THE COURSE UNIT
At the end of the course, the students will
gain the following skills:
- understanding of the mechanisms supporting food choices
- understanding of the different strands of literature about healthy eating;
- understanding of the principles of Social Markeiting and Nutrition Marketing;
- understanding of the strategies implemented so far and their efectiveness in influencing food choices;
- understanding of the levers that can be managed to promote healthy outcomes;
- working experience in the development of health-oriented strategies;
- Improvement of teamwork and
Knowledge of the English language at the
B1/b2 level is required
COURSE CONTENTS SUMMARY
The main goal of the course is understanding how and why the intention of adopting a healthy lifestyle does not always translate into action. We will discuss the mechanisms supporting food choices and the different disciplines able to promote healthy outcomes: Social Marketing and Nutrition Marketing.
The first discipline will show us how to effectively apply marketing logics to non profit initiatives, while Nutrition Marketing will discuss about how market players (retailers and manufacturers) can act to improve the quality of food choices.
During the course, we will discuss about successful and unsuccessful case history.
At the end of the course, students will get hands dirty by working in
teams on the development of effective strategies managing marketing levers.
For attending and non attending students.
Nutrition Marketing: Slides used during the lessons and articles suggested by the teacher
Social Marketing: textbook
'Social Marketing and public health: theory and practice. Keff French, Oxford, 2010', chapters 3,4,10,11,12,13,14,15.
ASSESSMENT METHODS AND CRITERIA
Oral examination. For further information
on the final examination, please contact the
The course will be taught with a mix of
lectures, case study discussions, groupworks
and class presentations
Please check professor's webpage for general updates
Please contact the teacher if you need further