The course provides the basic information needed to the understanding
of digital systems operating principles. After completing this course,
students acquire a functional vision of digital systems, familiarize with
some of the basic CAD tools and are able to complete simple design
Course contents summary
Digital Electronics Lab:
- Design flow of digital systems
- Hardware description languages
- Basic concepts and constructs of VHDL
- Formal description of simple combinational and sequential systems
2) Mark Zwolinski, "VHDL Progetto di Sistemi Digitali",PEARSON - Prentice Hall
The module provides for mainly laboratory activities.
Assessment methods and criteria
The exam includes an evaluation of laboratory activity and a written test
with exercises on the topics covered during the course.
To access the written test, a positive evaluation must be obtained in the