INSURANCE INTERMEDIATION LAB
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The Lab aims to provide students with the opportunity of a unique learning experience, which includes, in a simulated work environment, technical-operational and relational contents, typical of insurance environments.
By the end of the Lab students have acquired in-depth knowledge and understanding regarding management of an insurance agency. This will enable them to apply knowledge in terms of analytical skills and of problem solving. Through course attendance students will be able to develop their capability of making judgements independently reaching the ability to take both strategic and executive decisions with reference to insurance agency activieties. During the Lab highly specialized/technical language will be adopted in order to stimulate students to improve their communication skills in insurance sector. Learning skills of the students will be stimulated by participating in practical and operational activities of the Lab.
Course contents summary
The Lab is a virtual insurance agency, in which students play, assuming direct responsibility, the operational mode of activity of a professional insurance intermediary within the existing legal and regulatory framework.
The labo's activities are divided into two parts:
- A first part of the acquisition of technical insurance expertise, preparatory to laboratory practical activities to be carried out simultaneously with these, which aims to provide basic knowledge in insurance.
- A second part of "operational" simulates the typical activities of an insurance agency.
The contents are:
- The activity of insurance companies
- The insurance distribution
- The insurance contract: the non-life insurance policy, life insurance policy
- The consumer protection
- The insurance agency:
Elements of Accounting and Financial Analysis,
Customer Management, CRM, Customer and Customer Experience,
Human Resources Management,
Elements of Sales Technique,
Supervisory activities on insurance.
Online course materials.
Acquisition of knowledge: simulation activities and lectures.
Acquisition of the ability to apply the methodology of analysis: simulation activities.
Acquisition of judgment: lessons stimulate capacity for critical evaluation.
Developing capacities for learning: lessons present problematic situations and
stimulate critical focus search for appropriate solutions.
Acquisition of technical language: during the Lab highly specialized/technical language will be adopted and the teacher will illustrate the meaning of the most common terms used by the insurance community.
Assessment methods and criteria
- Progress examination during the Lab, through which will be find out active partecipation, applying knowledge, communication skills and use of appropriate technical language, making judgments and learning skills.
-Final written examination with 20 multiple-choice questions, each evaluated 1.5 marks, through which will be find out the acquisition of knowledge.
Final mark will be composed by: progress examination (50%), final written examination (50%).