PRINCIPLES OF MACHINE DESIGNED
Knowledge and understanding:
At the end of the course, students will have acquired the basic knowledge of the mechanical design .
The student will be able to perform the design and verification of some simple structural elements, with particular reference to the organs of
The student will have the tools to critically evaluate a structural/functional design of mechanical components.
The student must possess the ability to clearly present a technical report on the design of simple structural elements.
Disegno e progettazione strutturale
Basic theory of elasticity, fatigue, fracture mechanics, design of simple mechanical components
- basics of theory of elasticity
- mechanical behaviour of materials
- definition of models in mechanical design
- basics of fracture mechanics
- monoaxial fatigue
- pressurized shells
- design of main mechanical components
1. Shigley's Mechanical Engineering Design (McGraw-Hill Series in Mechanical Engineering)
Budynas, Richard; Nisbett, Keith
2. FONDAMENTI DELLA PROGETTAZIONE DEI COMPONENTI DELLE MACCHINE
Juvinall Robert C.; Marshek Kurt M.
Classroom lessons, development of a simple mechanism
Discussion of a design project.