SOCIOLOGY OF OCCUPATIONAL ECONOMIC PROCESSES
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The course aims to develop knowledge and understanding of the health care system mechanisms and of the many variables that influence his developments.
Basic knowledge of Italian healthcare setting
Course contents summary
The course aims to make students aware of the political, cultural and organizational framework and also of the political context , at the macro level (health system).
- The concept of health system
- The development of health systems
- Theoretical models
- Comparing systems: access to care, the provision of services , financing.
- The Italian Health System
- Changing systems : major reforms in U.S.A. Health System and in the European health systems.
Vittorio Mapelli, Il Sistema Sanitario Italiano, Il Mulino.
Interactive lessons, group works.
Assessment methods and criteria
The achievement of educational objectives of the course will be verified through an oral exam in order to check the acquisition of theoretical knowledge and his understanding