NURSING, MIDWIFERY AND GYNAECOLOGICAL SCIENCES
Learning outcomes of the course unit
MODULE 1 - At the end of the course the student must have learned, understood and be able to apply the procedures for the reduction of the risk in the assistance field;
MODULE 3 -
MODULE 2 - At the end of the course the student must have learned, understood and be able to apply the basic concepts of the research methodology;
MODULE 3 - At the end of the course it is expected that the student will be able to evaluate, follow and assist a labor / delivery at low obstetric risk in compliance with WHO guidelines, to communicate correctly even in situations of hardship and linguistic and cultural barrier and to evaluate in collaboration with the doctor the obstetric risk at the beginning of labor.
Knowledge of the basic elements of scientific research; Knowledge of the basic elements of childbirth assistance.
Course contents summary
The course consists of 3 distinct modules, whose contents are:
MODULE 1- the obstetric risk and its prevention - childbirth in extra-hospital;
MODULE 2 - the main aspects and methods of scientific research in obstetrics;
MODULE 3 - - The birth plan as a tool for empowering the woman / couple
- The physiology of birth: how to keep the birth process normal
- The midwife in relationship with the woman / couple: when it can make the difference.
MODULE 1 - obstetric risk and its prevention: organizational policies for risk reduction in health; the response of the care organization; external factors that hinder internal procedures and factors such as lack of knowledge of existing protocols.
Study of the company operational cards that regulate the main situations of potential risk for the hospitalized patient.
Healthcare personnel and new Risk Management strategies
Reference regulatory context in terms of risk, the contribution of the law (Gelli) to the reduction of risk, to the treatment of the basic elements of safe keeping of drugs in the ward, methods of conservation, controls and supervision of the correct use of drugs.
Transfusion security, incident reporting.
childbirth in extra-hospital regime, regional law.
MODULE 2 - Obstetric research: objectives and fields of action.
The choice of the research design.
The tools of quantitative and qualitative research.
Quantitative research: objectives, techniques, sample selection.
Variables and indicators.
Qualitative research: objectives, techniques, sample selection
Research phases: Review of reference literature. Sample selection. Data collection. Data analysis. Dissemination of the results of a research.
Critical reading of a scientific article.
MODULE 3 - 748/5000
- The model of the midwifery in the daily life of the delivery room
- Good communication between colleagues, in the team, with the woman and her family as an element of quality of care
- The scientific evidence on the birth process: updates through the WHO recommendations of 2018
- Birth in a multicultural context: which midwifery skills need to be strengthened
- The birth plan and the choices of women: how to prevent experiences of obstetric violence
- Assistance to low risk labor in obstetric autonomy: new company protocol
- Sentinel events and security in the process of delivery: ministerial recommendations
- Personal growth as a health professional and prevention of burnout
Manual for the training of health workers (Ministry of Health). PHYSIOLOGY OF BIRTH, SPANDRIO, REGALIA, BESTETTI, CAROCCI FABER ED.
- WHO RECOMMENDATIONS INTRAPARTUM CARE FOR A POSITIVE CHILDBIRTH EXPERIENCE, 2018. Handouts published on the Elly platform by the teachers.;
Lectures, discussion of clinical cases
Assessment methods and criteria
Oral exam with evaluation in thirtieths. Collegiate evaluation considered the weighted average based on the CFU.