Learning outcomes of the course unit
The aim of the Course is to provide the sudent with the knowledge required for a proper approach to urologic diseases while assisting a patient during pregnancy and delivery.
Obiettivo del Corso di Urologia è quello di fornire le conoscenze necessarie affinché l'Ostetrica sappia affrontare le problematiche urologiche che si possono presentare nell'esercizio della propria professione.
To attend the course the knowledge of the anatomy and physiology of the kidney and urinary tract is recommended.
Course contents summary
The Course is about the Urology topics the Midwife has to know in her profession. The Course is focused on the role of the Midwife during pregnancy and delivery.
The main topics treated during the Course of Urology are:
2) Infection of the higher and lower urinary tract
3) Urinary incontinence
4) Embriology and malformations of the kidney and urinary tract
5) Minor topics in Urology for midwives
1) Hydronephrosis during pregnancy: etiology, clinical presentation, diagnosis and treatment
2) Upper and lower urinary tract infections: description of the pathogens, clinical presentation, diagnosis and treatment
3) Urinary incontinence during and after pregnancy: etiology, diagnosis and treatment
4) Embiology of the kidney and the urinary tract: consequences on the fetus and on the child, diagnosis and treatment
5) Other minor diseases during the pregnancy and the delivery, their methodologic approach and indication to clinical or surgical treatment
The lessons give all the knowledge required for passing the exam.
Formal and interactive lessons, slides, clinical cases presentation, involvement of the studets in the approach to the clinical case and its management.
Assessment methods and criteria
The student’s knowledge, topics’ comprehension and her/his skills to apply them on the occupational contexts will be evaluated by questions on the topics related to the course content. Failed answer to questions or proved insufficiency of the basic knowledge on the subject will preclude the successful completion of the exam. In case of completion of the exam, an evaluation that contributes to the final grade of the course will be defined and it will be based on the achievement of the objectives.