LANGUAGE AND TRANSLATION - SPANISH II
Learning outcomes of the course unit
At the end of the course the student must be able to:
- identify and interpret the phenomena studied in the texts
- apply the acquired knowledge, evaluate and formulate judgments motivated by the analysis on certain texts
- communicate using the specific terminology on the topic
- propose translation solutions appropriate to the context and register
Course contents summary
The course aims to introduce the main notions on the processes of word formation in the Spanish language through the reading of texts belonging to different types of text. Specifically, we will propose the analysis, commentary and translation of the texts focusing the processes described above within the selected texts.
Félix San Vicente (dir. y coord.) Gramática de referencia para italófonos, Gramática Contrastiva de Referencia. Español para italófonos. © 2015 by CLUEB, Cooperativa Libraria Universitaria Editrice Bologna, © 2015 by EUS EDICIONES UNIVERSIDAD DE SALAMANCA, pp. 1465-1476, ISBN 97888-491-3902-ISBN 978-84-9012-508-3.
Other references will be indicated during the course.
The course will take place through lectures and practical exercises in the classroom. The teacher will introduce the student to the lexical and pragmatic world through the course reference bibliography and additional textual materials or made available on the platform audiovisual ELLY or through student involvement in research of autonomous solutions and comparison to translation problems that will be placed by the University's CoLab platform. These activities are intended to verify in practice the theoretical aspects investigated.
Assessment methods and criteria
The summative assessment of the learning involves two moments:
1) Written test consisting of a second level grammar test, dictation and translation. The use of bilingual, monolingual, synonyms, etc. vocabulary is permitted. This test is preliminary to oral
2) Oral exam. The student must be able to know the texts, authors and formal issues related to the linguistic phenomenon in question. The questions aim to verify the knowledge of the topics covered and the ability to apply it through text analysis.
The examination takes place in Spanish in order to verify oral competence corresponding to a higher level than B2.
For the oral, the failure threshold is determined by lack of knowledge of the contents, a result of incorrect use of specific language from a logical rigour and free and inability to speak in a Spanish above level B2. The threshold sufficient (18-23/30) is determined by a partial knowledge of the contents and a minimum capacity of application and/or reprocessing of the waste and the demonstration of owning a linguistic level with characteristic features of B2. An evaluation between 24-27/30 and 26-27/30 can be reached thanks to a decent/good knowledge of content, demonstrating enforcement capacity, position articulated and appropriate use of language. The higher threshold (from 28/30 to 30/30 e lode) is obtained when proves to possess a good knowledge of content, autonomous application, original and creative.
Language exercises will take place during both semesters.