THEORY AND TECHNIQUES OF CONTEMPORARY THEATRE (WITH WORKSHOP)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The course aims to provide methodological tools to understand the contemporary theatrical universe. The workshop will focus on the confrontation of such a knowledge with the professional aspects of theatrical practices.
Course contents summary
The course aim to describe the languages of contemporary theater, both in traditional and unsual places. More specifically the couse will deal with the following topics:
- Definition of the concept of theater and spectacle
- Definition of the concept of representation and mise-en-scène, both in their traditional conception and in their contemporary one
- Description of the communicative and representative languages of contemporary theater: space, scenography, lighting, acting, direction, ecc.
- Description of the main theatrical theories of XX and XXI centuries
- Discussion of the main ideas about contemporary dramaturgy
- Analysis of theater in non-specific contexts
The workshop will focus on the organization and practice of contemporary theatrical culture.
L. Allegri, La prima lezione sul teatro, Laterza
L. Allegri, L’artificio e l’emozione, Laterza
L. Allegri (ed.), Il teatro e le arti. Un confronto fra linguaggi, Carocci
Frontal lectures and workshops.
Assessment methods and criteria