Learning outcomes of the course unit
At the end of the training activity, the student should have acquired knowledge and skills related to the main issues and the most important issues of family law.
In particular, it is expected that the student will be able to:
1. Know the legal provisions contained in the Civil Code and the special laws governing the family and the family legal relationship, the marriage, the civil union and the registered partnership, the filiation and the adoption; understand the concepts of family and family legal relationship, marriage, civil union and registered partnership, filiation and adoption; read and understand a jurisprudential pronouncement; Interpret the rules systematically, according to doctrinal and jurisprudential guidelines (knowledge and understanding skills).
2. Apply interpretations acquired in concrete cases; Be able to perform practical case studies through the techniques of legal argumentation, under the guidance of the Teacher (ability to apply knowledge and comprehension).
3. Know how to analyze autonomously, critically, jurisprudential pronouncements and cases of reality through the process of interpretation of the fact and its legal qualification (autonomy of judgment).
4. To publicize the conclusions of their own analysis of the pronunciation and / or the concrete case, adequately motivating them on the basis of interpretative norms and guidelines (communicative abilities).
5. Being able to link the different topics dealt with each other, with basic and related disciplines; For attending students, be able to act, if necessary, in a context of collective case study; To know how to evaluate the various alternative solutions to different concrete situations (learning ability).
For Students enrolled in the first year from aa. 2013/2014, in order to support the examination of Family Law, you must have passed the examinations of: Institutions of Private Law, Institutions of Roman Law, anda Constitutional Law.For students enrolled in the first year from years preceding aa. 2013/2014, in order to support the examination of Family Law, you must have passed the examinations of: Institutions of Private Law and Institutions of Roman Law.
Course contents summary
The course covers the monographic study of the family law.
G. BONILINI, Manuale di diritto di famiglia, UTET, Torino, latest edition.
Besides, at the choice of the student:
a) A. DI MAJO, Codice civile, Giuffrè, Milano latest edition,
b) F. BOCCHINI, Codice della famiglia e dei minori, Giuffré, Milano, latest edition.
Didactic activities will be conducted through oral frontal lessons, for a duration of 36 hours.
During the lessons, focusing, on the one hand, on the deepening of some family law institutions, the dialogue with the classroom will be privileged.
Assessment methods and criteria
The final evaluation takes the form of an oral exam with at least three questions, with reference to the suggested texts and the parts indicated. The final examination aims at assessing whether the student has knowledge and understanding of the institutes and has acquired interpretative competence in jurisprudential pronouncements. The level of sufficiency will be reached when the student has demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the institutes as well as minimum application competencies regarding the autonomous, critical and reasoned exposure of the jurisprudential judgments. Below these thresholds, the examination will be insufficient.Voting of the oral test is communicated immediately at the end of the test.