The Knowledge acquired during the course will allow you to go into nutrition mechanisms in more depth; in particular, satiety related mechanisms and eating disorders and diseases.
Knowledge acquired in Applied Human Nutrition class.
Course contents summary
Hunger and Satiety:
- hormonal regulation mechanisms;
- objective and subjective measurements;
Nutrition related diseases:
- nutritional excess diseases;
- deficiency diseases;
- eating disorders;
- food allergies and food intolerances.
- Regulation of hunger and satiety
- Hunger and satiety: case studies
- Satiety: dietary fibre and protein
- Specific Satiety
- Diseases and disorders associated with excess body weight
- Deficiency diseases
- Eating disorders
- Allergies and intolerances
- Bibliographic research
Slides used by prof Scazzina downloadable by ELLY platform.
Classroom lessons for 3 ECTS (21 hours) during which the teacher will present a summary of the major scientific evidence on the topics of the course.
Assessment methods and criteria
The exam will be a written examination with n.10 open questions. Each question is worth from 1 to 3 points. The minimum is 18 points for passing exam.