The course aims at providing knowledge about the development of embedded systems for industrial electronics applications. The main focus lays in the firmware. The course will provide knowledge in:
• Requirements of industrial electronics systems
• Design and testing of embedded code
• Advanced information about embedded architectures
• Tools to support automatic testing and synthesis of embedded code
Power Circuits and Systems, Embedded and Digital Systems Architecture, Matlab fundamentals.
Course contents summary
Analysis, design and development of embedded systems for the industrial environment.
• Embedded programming: motivations, applications, use in the industrial environment.
Lecture notes, standards and documentation of the software used.
Assessment methods and criteria
Report on the laboratory activity (if Unit 2 is included in the student's plan) and oral examination.
At the end of the laboratory activities each team of students must deliver a written report. After receiving an evaluation of their report, the students can individually take the oral examination.
The result of the oral examination accounts for 2/3 of the final mark, while the laboratory activity accounts for 1/3.
Students who have only Unit 1 in their plan will be requested to take only the oral examination.