DISEASES OF THE CARDIOVASCULAR APPARATUS
Learning outcomes of the course unit
During the course the student will know the main cardiac diseases and the risk factors for these diseases.
To know the anatomy and the physiology of the heart and the circulation.
Course contents summary
Risk factors for cardiovascular diseases. Arterial Hypertension.
Cardiovascular stratification for cardiovascular risk. Principal cardiac diseases: coronary artery
disease, heart failure.
Cardiovascular Prevention through
1. Cardiovascular risk factors: smoking, hypertension, dyslipidemia, diabetes. Stratification of risk. European and Italian risk cards
2. Heart disease: ischemic heart disease
3. Heart disease: Heart failure
4. Cardiovascular prevention through Physical Exercise
1) Content of PDF lessons
2) Book "Argomenti di Medicina dello sport" Bonetti A., Editore MUP
Assessment methods and criteria