DIAGNOSTIC IMAGING AND RADIATION THERAPY 3
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Advanced knowledge of diagnostic area equipment
Course contents summary
In recent years, there has been an ever-widespread diffusion of a new diagnostic paradigm in neoplastic, vascular, inflammatory, degenerative, and follow-up pathology, where integration between different rational methods has allowed higher accuracy diagnostics.
These successes were achieved through a growing software technology and hardware development, coupled with a cultural growth of Users.
However, the potential of the methods is not fully exploited at the expense of increasing subsequent diagnostic examinations, detrimental to delayed diagnosis of the patient's health, as well as seriously affecting public health costs.
The purpose of the Body Monothematic Course is to provide an overview of the state of the art of the methods used in clinical practice, indicating innovative applications and future potential, coupled with the exhaustion of diagnostic techniques currently not part of the daily life of the RT healthcare professional.
- Reinforcement of previous knowledge or background
- Wide range of medical-scientific vocabulary on equipment, pathology, semeiotics, investigation, treatment and diagnostic examination
- General medical and technical vocabulary on the anatomical and functional components, training and internship, research and its exposure to imaging
- Implementation of the technique
- Ability to evaluate the patient's previous history for the optimal choice of diagnostic protocol and post-processing
- Understanding and knowledge of clinical indications and cases, in the diagnostic field
- Knowledge of a broad body of specific terminology that can be used in professional activity
- Understanding clinical and technical descriptions, through articles from the best indexed journals, medical vocabulary, and comprehension exercises.
- Development of critical reading and analysis ability
Materials provided by teachers and reference books in Italian and English, scientific articles.
Assessment methods and criteria