PEDIATRICS AND GYNECOLOGY
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The learning process will provide theoretical and practical basis of the discipline. Student will know main aspects of physiology of children,
nursing and treatment of principal pediatric and gynecologic diseases
Course contents summary
- Gynecologic physiopathology - Growth, physiology and puberty - Allergic diseases - Immunodeficiency -
Airway diseases - Urinary tract infection - Congenital and acquired
cardiopathy - Meningoencephalitis - Convulsions - Headache -
gastroenteritis -Celiac disease -Colic - Fever -Vaccinations and related
diseases - Exanthematous diseases - Nutrition -Diabetes mellitus -
Cancer - Psycological development - Pain: assessment and treatment -
Drugs: doses and route of administration - Transfusions - Pediatric
organization- Newborn: physiology, development, nutrition, screening
tests, diseases -Dehydration: symptoms and treatment.
- Maurizio Vanelli ARGOMENTI DI PEDIATRIA ISBN978-88-7847-454-3 Collana Saperi, MUP Editore
- Castello M, Duse M. Manuale di Pediatria. Piccin editore.
- GV Zuccotti, M. Giovannini Manuale di Pediatria, La Pratica Clinica, Società Editrice Esculapio.
- N Principi, A Rubino, A Vierucci: Pediatria generale e Specialistica, Casa Editrice Ambrosiana
Interactive oral lessons with use of slides.
Assessment methods and criteria
Written examination. Results are published in a week. Subsequently oral
examination and immediate communication of score Score 0-30.