ARCHITECTURAL SURVEY AND PHOTOGRAMMETRY
LEARNING OUTCOMES OF THE COURSE UNIT
Knowledge and ability to understand
The relief of the architecture is the most suitable scientific means to know and understand the architecture built in its ideational components, formal and technological and constructive. At the end of the path of the course students will understand that the survey is a method to acquire so deep the work of those who preceded us in "doing" architecture, it becomes an indispensable element for the development of projects of restoration and conservation existing architectural heritage, and the starting point for all architectural projects in general, which, however, engage in an already man-made, and which must be taken into account.
The course therefore aims to give the student the knowledge of methods designed to overcome the problems related to urban and architectural significance, that they become capable of designing the survey, run it and return it graphically, finalizing the operations acquisition and processing aspects critics, historians, technical and operational, to which the same relief can be designed.
The student will learn to know, through the relief, that surrounds our intervention or who is subject of the project in order to develop our consciousness with an architectural responsible and professionally required by existing legislation on the design.
The student will be able to translate graphical models the complexity of the existing architecture, bringing with it a complete architectural survey made by him; overcome this test, the same can the oral examination designed to assess the acquisition of cultural methods sensing and its applications.
COURSE CONTENTS SUMMARY
The course is divided into two parts: a theoretical and a practical.
In the first part of the course will cover the following topics:
- Meaning of Architectural survey with analysis of the purposes and problems encountered.
- Brief notes on the distinction of Design Surveying, Design Project and Life Drawing.
- Brief graphics methods to be used for the representation of a Survey of the Architecture.
- History of the importance of architecture.
- Concept of proportion and symmetry.
- The golden section.
- The design of the orders.
- The importance of historical-iconographic and photographic documentation.
- The Relief Direct and Indirect Survey: methods and instrumentation.
- Elements of photogrammetric survey.
- Execution of drawings for the relief: the “eidotipi”.
- The operations of detection.
- The digital mode of graphic representation.
- Other types of relief: the urban survey and UNI 7310/74 and the relief area.
The second part of the course will be devoted to the detection of a real case study which you will have to provide both the photographic documentation of both the relationship and historical iconography.
M. Docci, G. Maestri, Il rilevamento architettonico – Storia metodi e disegno, Bari 1984.
- M. Docci (a cura di), Il disegno di progetto dalle origini al XVI sec., Gangemi Editore, Roma 1993
- C. Cundari (a cura di ), L'immagine del rilievo, Roma, Longanesi Ed., 1992
- P. Giandebiaggi, I disegni dell'architettura universitaria: Parma (1600- 1940), Parma 1990
- S. Coppo, Torino nell'Ottocento e nel Novecento, Ampliamenti e trasformazioni entro la cerchia dei corsi napoleonici, Torino 1995
- A. Baculo Giusti, Napoli in Assonometria, Napoli 1992
- AA.VV., Il rilievo del Moderno: caratteri di riconoscibilità della forma urbana, Flaccovio Editore, Palermo 1996
- D. Maestri, Il disegno dal vero, in Disegnare n.8
- M. Chiavoni, Il disegno dell'analisi degli organismi architettonici: l'Oratorio dei Filippini in Roma, in Disegnare n. 12
- E. Mandelli, I Palazzi del Rinascimento, Alinea, Firenze, 1989
- C. Mezzetti (a cura di), La rappresentazione dell'architettura: storia, metodi, immagini, Edizioni Kappa, Roma, 2000
- G. Cento, Rilievo edilizio architettonico, Vitali e Ghianda, Genova, 1959.
- J. P. Saint Aubin, Il rilievo e la rappresentazione dell'architettura, Bergamo 1999.
- P. Giandebiaggi, Strutturazioni geometrico-formali in un progetto neoclassico: Palazzo Corradi-Cervi a Parma, in Disegnare n.8
- G. Pagnano, Modulo e proporzione nei disegni di progetto di Rosario Gagliardi, in Disegnare n.6
- E. Mandelli, Le tarsie marmoree di San Miniato al Monte di Firenze, in Disegnare n.6
- P. Quattrini, Sul linguaggio nascosto dell'architettura: la ricerca della Giusta Misura e la conquista della proporzione Naturale, in Disegnare n. 9/10
ASSESSMENT METHODS AND CRITERIA
The exam is based on passing a written test concerning the theory of the survey and the execution of graphic tables relating to the detection of the architectural choice. All this will be accompanied by an historical iconographic and photographic documentation that will complement the knowledge of everything.
50% divided as follows: written test 30% owned by esposizione20%
50% divided as follows: proper conduct of the survey 30%, 20% precision in the drafting graphics
The theoretical part of the course will be executed through lectures availing the use of suitable programs for the illustration of images suitable for the cognitive explanation of the various methods of detection architecture. The verification of the knowledge obtained by the student will be tested through a written test. For the practical part, students, divided into groups of three members each, will perform the exercise in the field. The architectural, object of study, will be chosen by mutual agreement between the students and the teaching staff and, in both the measurements in both the graphical part of the refund, the same will be followed by tutor.
And 'highly recommended attending the course.