Students learn how to design high performance automation systems.
Course contents summary
The course deals with mechanisms for automation, motion synthesis and advanced automation systems, ranging up to robotics and flexible automation.
- History of automation.
- Applications of flexible and non-flexible autoamtion
- Motion profiles.
- Cams and followers.
- Geneve wheels and intermitting devices.
- Articulated mechanisms
- Motion synthesis and optimization
- Robotics: types of robots and their features
- Inverse and direct kinematics.
- Actuators and reducers.
- Embedded systems: real-time operating systems, fieldbus.
- Numerical methods for kinematics and dynamics.
P.L. MAGNANI, G. RUGGIERI: Meccanismi per macchine automatiche. UTET, ISBN-10: 8802040249.
G. LEGNANI: Robotica industriale, CEA, ISBN-10: 8808086313
Lessons and projects developed as group homework, for instance building small robots or developing custom software.