Learning outcomes of the course unit
- The students must possess a general knowledge of the main 20th-century Hispano-American literary and cultural manifestations and of the historical facts related to Latino-American reality.
- The students must be able to make reasoned and founded references to the authors and works which will be object of analysis during the course.
- The students must be able to understand and analyze the poetic texts in the original language, both from the stylistic/formal and the contents point of view.
- The students must be able to understand and explain the links between the artistic path of the authors treated and the geographical, historical and social context and to gather bibliographical information about the topics of the course.
- The students must be able to understand and explain the relationships among the texts belonging to the same author and among different authors and to propose original reading paths.
Course contents summary
The course offers an itinerary in the Spanish-American twentieth century narrative through some of its characteristic themes and recurring motifs.
During the course, the frontal lessons might be supported by slides and video and audio documents. Supplementary materials will be provided in the online course, on the LEA University platform.
Assessment methods and criteria
The test of the knowledge and the abilities already listed in the purposes of the course will be done through an oral exam in Italian.