FINAL EXAM WITH EXTERNAL INTERNSHIP
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Knowledge and understanding:
- to know and understand the most relevant phenomena and laws of physics on the basis of the topic dealt with in the dissertation
- to know and understand the experimental method used in external training (measurement theory and treatment of errors, elements of statistics, physical instrumentation)
- to know the business activities in general and in particular those of the sector where the internship takes place
- understand the regulatory and regulatory provisions applicable in the company with particular
attention to accident prevention, behavioral, hygienic or organizational requirements required within the host structure.
Ability to apply knowledge and understanding
- evaluate similarities and differences between physical systems, experimental data, methodologies to be applied, approximations and mathematical methods to be used
- know how to use numerical codes or data processing programs, or scientific equipment management
- perform Physics experiments with a reasonable degree of autonomy
- statistically elaborate and analyze the results of measurements or simulations
- use the results obtained in the course of one's work to derive representations in terms of the models of the physical system under examination, recognizing the essential aspects
Autonomy of judgment
- critically analyze the methods of achievement, analysis and interpretation of the results obtained
- critically analyze theoretical models and approximations to be used for the description of the phenomena studied in the final elaborate
- identify the most appropriate strategy to solve a problem
- evaluate with flexibility how to apply new tools and solutions already known to problems
- consciously introduce simple elements of innovation in known modeling
- critically use the scientific literature to evaluate which models, methodologies and results to use to address the problem under consideration
- use the scientific language of Physics appropriately
- clearly present, in a synthetic and analytical way, the results and knowledge obtained during the activity related to the final elaborate and the knowledge learned from the scientific literature
-use the most appropriate tools to communicate effectively and incisively the knowledge learned and the results of the activity carried out for the final dissertation
- possess personal skills in logical reasoning and in the critical approach to the issues addressed in the final paper
- be able to gather information independently through research into the scientific literature, mainly in English
-knowing how to acquire new knowledge in an autonomous way so as to be able to face further study paths or a professional activity
To take the final exam, the student must have taken all the exams included in the study plan. The prerequisites include, therefore, all the knowledge, skills and abilities foreseen by the courses of the study course and the carrying out of the training internship (6 CFU).
Course contents summary
The content of the final dissertation consists in the description of the work carried out during the training internship, whose topic may not be included in those treated during the course of studies. It is a multimedia project describing the individual work carried out at the company: the tasks performed, the experimental methodologies adopted and the results obtained, as well as their inclusion and relevance in the company's production context.
Material provided by both internal and external tutors that will provide students with the necessary theoretical knowledge for carrying out their work in the company and the necessary information to allow them to be easily integrated into the company context.
The internal tutor appointed by the Didactic Commission proposes to carry out the traineeship in a company previously contacted and entrusts the student to an external tutor working at the same company that will follow him during his internship (6 CFU). The internal tutor assists the student in preparing the seminar to be held in front of the Graduation Commission.
A commission of teachers, nominated according to the rules indicated in the Didactic Regulations (Article 13 and Annex 4), assists in presenting the final dissertation through slides. Discuss with the candidate the physical principles underlying the work, the context, the results and the conclusions presented during the oral presentation of the same.
Assessment methods and criteria
The final exam (4 CFU) consists in the preparation and discussion of a seminar concerning the internship carried out before the Degree Commission. The procedures for conducting the final examination and the corresponding assessment methods are described in detail in the relative Academic Regulations of the Physics Degree Course (Article 13 and Annex 4, https://cdl-fis.unipr.it/sites/cl07/ files / regolam_didattico_triennale_12_06_18_bis_con-allegato.pdf)
On the web page of the Degree Course under the heading LAUREARSI you can access a menu that allows you to find all the information regarding the final exam: the bureaucratic information for the graduates, including dates of the graduation sessions, deadlines and procedures for the presentation of the application for the degree, regulation of the final exam, proposals for final papers and the archive of the papers discussed since 2011, post-graduate orientation.