Learning outcomes of the course unit
The course also aims to provide students with the tools to understand and analyse health organizations, their components and their processes.
Basic knowledge of Italian healthcare setting
Course contents summary
The course aims to make students aware of the political, cultural and organizational framework and also of the political context , at the micro level of the health care organization, where they will work as professionals.
- Concepts and basic theories of the organization : the organizational environment , social structure , technology , organizational culture
- Changes in healthcare organizations : analysis of recent developments in the hospital setting and in the territorial setting
- The process approach: context and definitions
- From the process to the clinical pathway
- The implementation and monitoring of clinical pathway
Vittorio Mapelli, Il Sistema Sanitario Italiano, Il Mulino.
Interactive lessons, group works.
Assessment methods and criteria
The achievement of educational objectives of the course will be verified through an oral exam in order to check the acquisition of theoretical knowledge and his understanding