Upon the completion of the course, students will realize the relevance of an historical approach in the study of technical medical disciplines and will be able to apply an historical perspective to the study of a medical subject.
Course contents summary
- Why is history of medicine important?
- Health and disease: two evolving concepts
- Main steps in the development of medicine
- Origins and development of laboratory medicine
Angeletti - Gazzaniga
"Storia, filosofia ed etica generale della medicina", 4 ed.
Elsevier, Milano, 2012
Other teaching supports will be provided during the lessons
Interactive oral lessons.
The main contents of the lectures are summarized in presentations that will be available on the Elly platform.
Assessment methods and criteria
Presentation file followed by discussion during the oral examination.
The evaluation will be based on the following parameters (discussed in the first lesson):
- Scientific content
- Adequate technical terminology
- Correct indications of references
- Efficacy of the graphical layout