DISEASES OF THE ARTICULATORY CAVITIES
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The course aims to allow students to know and understand information essential for the assessment and rehabilitation of disorders of VADS (Higher Digestive Airway).
Course contents summary
The topics will be:
- evaluation and rehabilitation of the peripheral paralysis of the facial nerve
- evaluation and rehabilitation of the phono-articulatory organs (oral cavity, pharynx, larynx)
- evaluation and treatment of dysarthria and dysphagia of neurodegenerative etiology (ALS, MS, Parkinson)
- Ruoppolo et al, Manuale di Foniatria e Logopedia, Ed. SEU, 2012
- Schindler et al, Deglutologia, Ed Omega, 2011
- dispense, bibliografia e sitografia
Frontal lessons with slides support.
Assessment methods and criteria
The verification of the achievement of the objectives foresees the drafting of a paper on an invented clinical case and its discussion in an open session.