Learning outcomes of the course unit
Allow the student to know and understand the main emergencies of the pediatric age and the management methods.
Basic concepts of emergency-urgency.
Course contents summary
• PBLS-D (Pediatric Basic Life Support-Defibrillation
• Domestic accidents and trauma in the child
• Impact of the abuse of antibiotics in children
• Domestic accidents and airway obstruction in children
• Head injury in children
• Sport and sports injuries in children and adolescents
• A public health emergency: the abuse of antibiotics in children
Principi N, Rubino A. Pediatria generale e specialistica. Casa Editrice Ambrosiana, 2017
Slides provided by the teacher and uploaded on the Elly platform.
E-learning lessons with slides and audiovisual material.
Assessment methods and criteria
The student's knowledge, understanding and application skills will be assessed through an oral exam on the topics of the course.
As soon as it is possible (on a date to be defined), at the Sim-Lab of the University of Parma, interested students will be offered the opportunity to participate in a free PBLS-D (Pediatric Basic Life Support-Defibrillation) course to learn about dummies the cardiopulmonary resuscitation maneuvers in the child.