E-BUSINESS E E-COMMERCE
Learning outcomes of the course unit
At the end of the course, students will have gained an understanding of the fundamental strategic and operational principles of e-businesses. Through the discussion of case studies, group works and business testimonials, the course will develop the knowledge for an effective use of digital technologies into business practices.
No formal propedeuticity is required
Course contents summary
The course aims to introduce students to digital economy and to the integration of Internet technologies into business processes and activities. In particular, main course topics are:
- the foundations of the digital economy
- e-business and e-commerce
- Internet-based business models
- mobile commerce and multichannel retailing
- logistic in electronic commerce
• Vergura D.T. (2018). E-commerce e Digital Transformation. Nuovi scenari per imprese omnicanale e consumatori on-demand. Giappichelli Editore
• Other materials will be available at the photocopy center.
Lambin, Market-driven management, McGraw-Hill, «Le decisioni di distribuzione» (cap. 15 dell’edizione 2012 oppure cap. 13 dell’edizione 2009)
The Course will combine different teaching tools: lectures, watching movies, discussion of case studies and business testimonials.
Assessment methods and criteria
Assessment will be done through a writing exam with open questions or semistructured. The exam will last 60/90 minutes (depending on the number of questions) and will be evaluated with a score ranging from 0 to 30.
If project works are carried out during the course, their evaluation will contribute to the definition of the final judgment.