PHYSICS LABORATORY 2 (UNIT 1)
LEARNING OUTCOMES OF THE COURSE UNIT
At the end of this course the students should be able to:
- set up simple DC and AC circuits;
- carry out measurements of magnetic fields;
- use basic instrumentation for electtrical measurements (multimeters and oscilloscopes);
- discuss and analyze critically experimental results;
- write clear experimental reports.
Laboratory of Physics 1.
COURSE CONTENTS SUMMARY
Theoretical lectures and practicals about basic electrical circuits and electromagnetism.
Students are referred to the handbook in use for the course of Fisica Gen. 2. Detailed lecture notes will be made available before the lectures.
ASSESSMENT METHODS AND CRITERIA
The progress of the students along the guidelines will be evaluated through:
- close supervision of the students activity during the laboratory lessons;
- the weekly correction and discussion of the written experimental reports;
- a final oral exam.
Lectures will include a brief introduction on the relevant theory followed by experimental work. Students will be divided in groups of 3 to carry out the experiments and write the experimental reports. Instructions for the experiment will be given in the lecture notes, together with the relevant theory. The lecturer will provided support and supervision at all times during laboratory sessions.