To provide both theoretical and practical foundations of imperative programming, using the "python" programming language as reference.
Course contents summary
Programming foundations and imperative programming. The python programming language.
* Introduction to processing systems and their history
* Data representations in computrers
* Imperative programing and the python language.
* Complexity and flow charts
* Scientific computing in python. The numpy and spicy library.
* Plotting in python using the matplotlb library.
Kenneth A. Lambert "Programmazione in Python", ed. Apogeo, ISBN 9788850331710
Theory supported by exercises and practical experimentation. The practical exercises will be individual or in small groups to facilitate collaborative work. The activities will be organized to facilitate the practical development of the solutions related to the problems outlined.
Assessment methods and criteria
Written and oral exams. At the end of each part it will take place a written/oral intermediate test (recommended) useful for exemption from the final written exam. The practical test consists of a practical demonstration and oral exam concerning the activities carried out in the laboratory. The execution and delivery of the scheduled activities treated in the laboratory involves an assessment useful for the exemption of the practical test.