LANGUAGE AND TRANSLATION - RUSSIAN III
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The course intends to provide the students with:
• a solid training and proficiency in written and spoken Russian language level B1++
During the course the student learns:
• to apply their knowledge autonomously and independently in the field of daily communication but also to manage complex and professionally qualified objectives.
• to deepen the study of the fundamental morphosyntactic structures of the Russian language.
• to broaden one's ability to understand the written text, by examining texts of different style registers
• to acquire a good translation skills into Russian and Italian languages
• to widen the study of vocabulary, with particular reference to combinations and semantic collocations.
Course contents summary
• deepening simple and complex syntax of the period; analysis of specific grammatical topics : review of time; pronouns (negative , indefinite) , verbs (verbs of motion, temporal category: gerunds, participles , analysis of the aspectual category) ;
• translation of texts of various types of communication. Contrastive analysis of the problems of translation from Russian into Italian and vice versa;
• enrichment of vocabulary and cultural studies (stranovedenie, kulturologija).
Belikova L.G., Russkij Jazyk. Pervye šagi, Zlatoust, Spb. 2017
Bojcov I. A., Šiškov M. S., Udači, Mir, Spb. 2012
Bondar' N.I., Lutin C.A., Kak sprosit', kak skazat', Russkij Jazyk, Moskva 2014
Cevese C., Dobrovolskaja Ju., Sintassi russa. Teoria ed esercizi, Hoepli, Milano 2005
Chavronina S. A.- Sirocenskaja A. I., Il russo . esercizi. Il punto editoriale, Roma 2007
Esmantova T., Russkij Jayzk, 5 elementov, Zlatoust, Spb. 2011
Gančikov A., Russo. Esercizi di livello avanzato. Vallardi, Milano 2001
Glazunova I., Grammatika russkogo jazyka v uprazhnenijakh. Sintaksis, Zlatoust, Spb. 2010
Ivanova I. S., Karamyševa L. M. et alii, Sintaksis, Zlatoust, Spb. 2009
Laskareva E. R., Čistaja grammatica, Zlatoust, Spb. 2006
Nikitina N., Esercizi di lingua russa, Hoepli, Milano 2013
Skvorcova G. L., Glagoly dviženija bez ošibok, Russkij Jazyk, M. 2004.
Lectures and practical exercises in the classroom. The course also includes a self-learning course and a language laboratory with materials selected by the Russian teacher. The course will be accompanied by exercises held by collaborators and linguistic experts of annual duration.
• Students who do not attend classes (especially if they are Russian) should contact the teacher.
Assessment methods and criteria
• Written exam is a prerequisite for the oral examination :
- Written examination includes:
- grammar test Italian - russian (dictionary is not allowed);
- translation from russian to test the understanding of the original text and the quality of italian expression (dictionary is allowed) ;
- audio test
• the oral examination consists of reading, translation, summary and linguistic analysis of class readings during the year and of the homework texts, in order to verify the theoretical knowledge of the student, as well as conversation on topics covered in class.
The insufficient evaluation is determined by the lack of knowledge of the minimum contents of the course, by the inability to express themselves in a Russian corresponding to the B1 ++ level; A sufficient evaluation (18-23 / 30) is determined by the student's demonstration of having learned the fundamental contents of the course; the ability to express oneself in a Russian about a topic presenting some characteristics of the B1 ++ level; from a sufficient level for an autonomous preparation, the ability to solve problems related to the retrieval of information and to the decoding of complex texts, as well as the formulation of independent judgments. The average scores (24-27 / 30) are awarded to the student who proves to have a level that is more than sufficient (24-25 / 30) or good (26-27 / 30) of the above evaluation indicators. The highest scores (from 28/30 to 30/30 and honors) are awarded on an excellent level of the above evaluation indicators.