MATHEMATICS 2 AND EXERCISES
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The course of Mathematics II and Exercises is designed to provide tools and mathematical methods useful for applications.
The theoretical treatment of the fundamental concepts will be followed by examples and exercises.
Matematica I ed Esercitazioni (Mathematics I and Exercises)
Course contents summary
The course of Mathematics II and Exercises is designed to provide tools and mathematical methods useful for several applications.
- Functions of several real variables: limits; continuity and differentiability; maxima and minima.
- Curves and surfaces: integrals.
- Series; functions series; Fourier series
- Fourier and Laplace transforms: definitions, properties, basic rules and applications to differential problems.
- Functions with complex variable: examples, and Cauchy-Riemann conditions.
M. Bramanti, C. D. Pagani, S. Salsa: Matematica (Calcolo Infinitesimale e Algebra lineare), Zanichelli Ed., in particular from Chapter 10 to Chapter 14
M. Bramanti, C. D. Pagani, S. Salsa: Analisi Matematica 2, Zanichelli Ed., in particular from Chapter 3 to Chapter 7.
Lectures with theoretical explanations and several exercises
Assessment methods and criteria
The knowledge and understanding of the topics of the course will be verified through a written and oral exam.