Learning outcomes of the course unit
The teaching course will provide students with the principal modifications of body composition and main body systems occurring with aging in order to understand the decling physical function and the modification of body homeostasis
Course contents summary
Several aspects of aging will be analyzed:
1. Epidemiology of aging , its demography and the influence on social health systems
2. Biology of aging, aging of many organs and body apparatus, the main theories of aging
3. aging and cognitive decline, malnutrition , falls etc.
4. aging physical function and methods of evaluation
5. synthetic description of comprehensive geriatric assessment
Autori : U. Senin, A Cherubini, P Mecocci
Paziente Anziano Paziente Geriatrico Medicina della Complessità. Fondamenti di Gerontologia e Geriatria.
Frontal lessons with audio-visual support and interactive discussion with students
Assessment methods and criteria
Oral and/or written examination
At least 70% of teaching hours should be followed