Learning outcomes of the course unit
At the end of the course the students will be able to understand the main themes and to reflect on them in a critical way. In particular, they should show that they have acquired the main theoretical references and research that enhance change and learning in adults.
Course contents summary
The course aims at exploring the issue of adult education as constitutive of prospects and policies for the management of change and innovation in all areas of individual and collective life.
Through the study of some educational practices and training methods and through the analysis of some research results, the course analyses also the conditions that promote growth, change and learning in adults engaged in educational services as educators.
Bibliografia per l’esame
1. Castiglioni M. (a cura di), L’educazione degli adulti tra crisi e ricerca di senso, Unicopli, Milano, 2011 (pp. 165- 246 are not compulsory)
2. Teaching resources on-line in Elly; URL elly.alef.unipr.it .
3. At least one of the following books:
- Knowles M.S., Holton III E.F., Swanson R.A., Quando l’adulto impara. Andragogia e sviluppo della persona. FrancoAngeli, Milano, ultima edizione
- Wenger E., McDermott R., Snyder W.M., Coltivare comunità di pratica, Guerini e Associati, Milano, ultima eduzione
- Agnoli A., La biblioteca che vorrei, Bibliografica, Milano, 2014
The course includes, in addition to lectures and theoretical reflections, even the direct involvement of students through case-studies, work-group and discussions in plenary.
Some experts' voices will enrich the course.
Assessment methods and criteria
The students' learnings will be evaluate through an oral exam which includes questions about: a) the student's knowledge about the main topics b) the student's competence about reflecting on specific themes in a critical way c) the student's competence about analyzing issues across different contexts and perspectives.